Thursday, September 29, 2011

Top 5 Frustrations While Driving

1.) Slow drivers. Everyone hates it, except for other slow drivers. I realize that the point of the speed limit is to stay underneath it, but driving 5-10 miles below the speed limit is just asking to get tailgated while driving. This is something that bugs me even more when on a one or two-lane road, where it is close to impossible to pass someone. On the interstate, luckily, there is a lane for slow drivers. Which leads me into my next frustration...
2.) Driving slow in the fast lane. There are multiple lanes on the interstate so millions of people can get where they need to be in the most efficient way possible. This cannot happen when there are slow drivers going under the speed limit, in the fast lane, on the interstate! When you see someone riding your tail in your rearview mirrors, MOVE OVER! It's the easiest way to signal to you that you are going too slow.
3.) Crazy drivers in bad weather. Although I am frustrated by slow drivers on the interstate, and side roads, there are times when driving slow is necessary. For example, when there is an ice storm in Iowa, going 20 over the speed limit on the interstate is unacceptable. You are not only endangering yourself, but also every other person on the interstate at the time. This doesn't only go for extremely snowy or icy weather, but also severe thunderstorms, where heavy rain impairs the vision of those on the road.
4.) Pulling out in front of me while I have the right-of-way. Clearly, when I am driving straight, usually at a high speed, I don't want to slow down just to allow someone else to ignorantly turn and pull out in front of me, when there is no other car behind me, and the person could have waited a few additional seconds.
5.) Semi drivers, good or bad weather. Semi's are an important part in the world in transporting materials, goods, and almost everything we need. But to me they just seem to get in the way. Semi's are clearly top heavy and can cause some chaos when it is windy out and it looks like the top of the semi is going to tip on top of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment