Wednesday, September 28, 2011

School Parking Issues

1.) Clearly, there are not enough parking spaces for the number of students that drive to school. And every teacher, student, and parent knows it. Although we have 5 parking lots, 2 large lots and 3 church parking lots, somehow we still manage to run out of spaces everyday in the south lot... many factors contribute to this.
2.) Freshman, and sophomores parking in the North and South lots with or without a sticker, not okay. Everyone has had to work their way up the ladder to parking in the "upperclassmen" lots, you are no different. This takes up unnecessary spaces that we need to have a parking spot for every student paying for a parking lot sticker. You all are perfectly capable of purchasing a parking sticker for any of the 3 church parking lots, after upperclassmen get first dibs of course. Besides, why would you want to pay a 15 dollar parking ticket for one day of a closer parking spot.
3.) I must say I don't like the system of parking stickers used in the South lot. Even though every person who purchases a South lot sticker knows the rules of first come, first serve everyday, I think it's ridiculous. I don't understand why we can't have a first come, first serve day before school is started and have a guaranteed parking spot everyday.
4.) Tickets. I understand the problem with parking illegally, which I am definitely guilty of multiple times... But what do the administrators expect us students to do when the South lot is full, and I must park before school. My first reaction was to make my own parking spot on the end. Ticket. Next was to park in the fire lane. Yes, ticket. And finally I decided, there aren't many cars parked in Gospel Tabernacle and it's 5 minutes until school starts, so I'll park there to avoid taking others spots. You guessed it. Ticket.

     All of these issues come down to one thing, we need more parking spaces at KHS. Even though I realize this is completely impossible considering the landscaping and the zero extra space around our school. Looks like I will continue parking illegally and receiving tickets daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment