Wednesday, September 28, 2011

School Lunches

            I must say, my biggest complaint at school, besides too long of school days, is crappy school lunches. I understand the budget that the school is on but I must say it's not very hard to throw together a decent, edible, lunch for the students.
       I'll admit there are a few decent options a few days a week, but what am I supposed to do on the days the school serves food that may be harmful to my health? Okay, a little exaggeration. A plus of our school lunch are the multiple options we get from our 6 different lunch lines, which I haven't heard of any other school having. But again on the negative side, what good are the options when I dont want to eat any of them? The best option that stays consistent everyday is the pizza line. But then of course, the pizza is over priced. 2.50 for a slice of pizza? I could buy 4 slices for that price at Casey's. Not to get into an obesity argument, but what is it with the one desert rule this year? Its my (parents) money, and I should be able to buy the lunch I desire with it without the school trying to restrict my diet. If someone wants to get 3 deserts, they should be able to get 3 deserts no questions asked and no judgments. Next argument, lunches are too short. Due to the lack of deliciousness in our school cafeteria I leave for lunch almost everyday. How am I expected to go get lunch, and enjoy it without rushing in 25 minutes? Not possible. Running out of food for D lunch. Not even cool man. We know there are close to 2000 students in our school, we should know to make enough food for ALL lunch shifts. The consequence of running out of today's food during D lunch is bringing out last weeks meatloaf surprise leftovers... nuff said. Everyone hates D lunch already and we should have the right to freshly cooked food like everyone else. Final complaint. Late lunch. As I mentioned before, D lunch sucks. But there has to be some way to move up the lunches so students aren't still eating lunch at 1pm. I don't know about you, but I am close to passing out by the time lunch comes around at 12:17pm. That is without factoring in waiting time in lines, walking to my car, etc. On the plus side, no other schools are eating lunch that late so I have a clear shot to get first dibs at HyVee dollar pizza every Tuesday and Thursday, along with 25 cent homemade cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment