Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Blog About Blogs

     
     This year in AP Lang my whole class and I are able to write blogs every week. This is a first for me and I love it. I've never blogged before until this year, when we were told we'd be blogging as a part of the class I was bummed because I didn't understand or know much about blogging. On the first day we started blogging in class I realized how much I enjoy blogging. There are so many different topics to blog about and every person’s blog can be completely different and still interesting. Whether someone has an informative blog post or a diary blog post or even an opinionated blog post.
           My blogs are mostly opinionated. Like how much I dislike Twitter Drama (see below). I like the feeling that I can say almost anything I want (school appropriate of course) on my blog to get my point across. I think the hardest part of blogging is to get a subject and start writing about it. You want to make sure people want to read your post, but also that you have enough to write about it to get to our required 300-400 word minimum, which let me tell you is pretty hard with some topics. Even when people don't read my posts, I still feel like I'm talking to a whole audience when I'm blogging. I like in this class that we get to do blogging because it gives the class a sort of creative writing vibe when we get to take each Friday to basically just spill our thoughts for a whole hour of class. I look forward to every Friday in this class!
          When I get started writing a blog post-after I get past the brainstorming part-I feel like the rest just comes naturally. Like I'm talking to a friend and venting my opinions, not talking to myself and my fake audience on blogger.com. (And Ms. A because she's forced to grade my blogs). I tend to get all of the scattered thoughts typed in and stop and realize I only have 200 words... worst feeling ever. Somehow though I find a way to ramble on about something else on that topic and realize the words are just coming out like before. I love the blogging idea in class and I think I'll continue blogging after taking this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment