Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hypocritical Parents That Don't Mind Their Business

          Frustration #1
           No one likes a hypocrite. No one. Especially adult hypocrites. I have had experience with-and I'm sure you have to-with lazy parents. One of my biggest petpeeves is when a parent nags you about being lazy (for example, not doing chores), and goes ahead and does the exact same thing. When I was younger I was told not to come home after practices and crash on the couch without showering, because it is lazy. You guessed it, an adult then came home after coaching a practice (whilst getting sweaty) and crashed on the couch, put his feet up, and watched tv. FRUSTRATING. Of course, because of seniority and respect for adults, I didn't say anything and kept my frustrations hidden.
          Another example, I am expected to clean the house and do chores everyday along with my busy school, practice, and homework schedule, leaving me a solid chunk of NO TIME to do chores. But of course I get yelled at if my room is cleaned or I didn't vacuum the basement before a friend comes over, even though my parents almost refuse to do chores. Isn't there some kind of Child Labor law against this? I'll look it up.
            Frustration #2
           Don't you hate being interrupted? Or having an A, B conversation and someone won't C their way out? I know I do. Biggest petpeeve number 2, asking a parent a question, and the other parent (not involved in the question) barges in. I have experienced this so many times I would need more than 2 people's fingers and toes to count on. Story: I approach adult#1 (anonymous) to ask if I can take the car out to go to a friend's house, as adult#1 begins to answer, adult#2 (anonymous again) chimes in with a negative comment saying no I can't. Even though clearly I wasn't talking to adult#2.
           To all of you parents, children and teenagers learn by example, DONT BE A HYPOCRITE.
           
          
         

No comments:

Post a Comment