Friday, September 16, 2011

Save the Drama for Yo Momma

               Facebook and Twitter started as a way to communicate with friends, family, etc., to creep on pictures of other people you dont know, and to keep up on everyone's social lives. Now a days, these social networking sites have become a place for teens to vent to the public about their personal lives. Newsflash: no one cares. It's called your personal life for a reason, keep it to yourself. Quotes and quotes whether happy or sad, that is all I see when I scroll through my newsfeed on Facebook. I'll admit, I am guilty of retweeting quotes on twitter, generally around 11pm when I head to bed. To me, it isn't a problem to retweet quotes on twitter, but on Facebook, not okay.
              Secondly, Twitter and Facebook fights are unacceptable. If you have something to say to someone, or a problem with them, say it to their face, and in person. Tweeting at a person directly by mentioning (@) their name in a tweet isn't okay just because the tweet is technically directed at that person. Grow a pair and confront this person face to face. Although these are quite entertaining to read for other people, it gets annoying when people blow up my news feed with drama, drama, DRAMA.
              On a side note, hashtags. Definitely a twitter thing. Not a Facebook thing. Meant for Twitter. Not Facebook. Using twitter hashtags anywhere but twitter I must say makes you look like a noob. If your Facebook status has a #hashtag, you my friend, are #losing.

No comments:

Post a Comment