Thursday, April 19, 2012

Rap Music

            Everyone has their own preference of music; I am one that doesn’t exactly have a favorite genre. I like everything from Rap to Country to R&B to Pop. All music lyrics have some type of meaning or story behind them, but one type of music in particular that I feel doesn’t get much recognition is Rap music. Most see Rap music as being only about sex, drugs, alcohol, and partying. Although a lot of it refers to these things, many fail to look deeper into the lyrics and take a look at the poetry in each song. I find it so interesting to look up lyrics to different rap songs and look at all of the different similes, analogies, metaphors, etc. that no one seems to notice what’s behind the lyrics.
                Although a few are vulgar, here are some funny memorable quotes:
·         “I love you like a fat kid loves cake.” -50 Cent
·         "Safe sex is great sex, better wear a latex, cause you don't want that late text, that I think I'm late text." –Lil’ Wayne
·         “We carry choppers on a neck and call it cut throat” –Lil’ Wayne
·         “Cause my swag is serious, something heavy like a first day period.” –Janet Jackson
·          “Only thing on right now, like a night light.” –Drake
·         “But if we can hump dead animals and antelopes then there’s no reason that a man and another man can’t elope.” -Eminem
Some quotes are even inspirational, or quotes to live by:
·         “I don’t care about what brand you are, I’m concerned what type of man you are, what your principles and standards are.” –Mos Def
·         “If you are what you say you are, a superstar, then have no fear.” –Lupe Fiasco
·         “I know I can be what I want to be, if I work had then I’ll be where I want to be.” –Nas
·         You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime” –Eminem
·         “Don’t wait till you die to go to heaven.” –Rza

No comments:

Post a Comment