Sunday, April 22, 2012

Midnight Movie Premieres

                Midnight movie premieres could perhaps be the highlight of someone’s life. These premieres don’t happen often, and only occur with a movie or series that truly deserves it. How these movies are chosen? I may never know. The anticipation, that may start even months in advance, is the best part and unlike any feeling in the world. That crazy rush you get when you find out tickets are for sale and there are only a limited number allowed.  
                I dont't personally get too worked up over movie premieres for any movie even if I'm reading the series. I get excited for the movie to come out, but not to the point where I would campout all day or stay up all night just to be the first to see a movie, along with another million people around the world. I can contain myself enough to wait a couple days for the rush of people to die down so I can see the movie peacefully, without being crammed in like sardines.
                I don't mean to be bashing on midnight movie premieres, because if I did get the chance to go to one, I would. I have only been to one midnight premiere and I enjoyed it. I ended up getting free tickets to the final Harry Potter movie of the series. It was sort of a lucky kind of thing, I was visiting my dad and step sister and a family friend told us that he had 2 tickets, and couldn't make it to the movie. Score one for us! Of course we didn't go all out with tailgating all day but we did have to get to the movie over an hour in advance just to get a seat.
                It was unlike anything I had ever seen! The line was longer than any I had ever seen. Imagine the lines at adventureland on the first day of summer for the best ride. And multiply that by 10. At least a thousand people were in line when we arrived, with even more to come after we had waited. But it doesn't stop there. COSTUMES. About 95% of the people in line were dressed as some sort of Harry Potter character, and I mean decked out.
               The atmosphere was crazy throughout the whole movie. Everyone cheered for the opening credits and for the end of the movie. Overall, my first midnight premiere was a success, and I would do it again given the chance at free tickets!

Word Count: 415

No comments:

Post a Comment