Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Larry Bird biography: Book Review

                   Larry Bird, Drive: The Story of My Life is an inspiring biography written by Larry Bird himself, with help from Bob Ryan. This book is about one of the best players to ever play the game of basketball, arguable the greatest. I read my first free-read biography last term about Steve Jobs. I loved the book so i decided to read another biography.

                   I picked Larry Bird because I already knew of him, but not necessarily about him, and because it was in Ms. A's book selection. I started the book and read in a couple pages to ensure that the book was the right level of difficulty for me, and i couldn't put it down. It was so fascinating to me to learn about the life of a now hall-of-famer from birth and all through his high school years. Being an athlete i enjoyed reading about the things he did everyday to become a better player and person despite his struggles and the people that tried to hold him down.

                  The format of this book was a little different because the book was separated into 4 parts, as well as individual chapters. It threw me off a bit at first while reading because i would look forward to taking break at each chapter, but couldn't. The different formation was a bit of a challenge to me. Overall i enjoyed this book and i would recommend it to any athlete, fans of the NBA, or anyone who enjoys sports to read.

Word Count: 251

No comments:

Post a Comment