Monday, May 7, 2012

How to get rid of your stomach pouch


                One thing every girl can agree one: we all want a flat stomach. The majority of girls struggle with the “pouch” of stubborn fat that seems impossible to get rid of, right below the belly button, above the hips. Even if one is very thin all over, somehow any extra weight seems to go right to the midsection. It is beyond frustrating being that it is a very difficult place to lose weight, and an even more difficult place to keep it off.

                For my own personal at-home exercises I look to Livestrong.com, it has virtually any kind of health tip or exercise that you could ask for, for almost every part of your body. I looked to Livestrong for tips on losing a stomach pouch. The first thing the website said which came as a huge surprise to me, is that to lose weight on your stomach pouch, it is not about forming muscle. To lose pouch weight you must lose overall body weight to get rid of it. This is why losing a pouch can be so difficult.

                Everybody has their reasons to lose a stomach pouch. I would say it is definitely self-image/self-confidence thing for me, along with many other women. Although I am very thin I do notice things like when I sit down and my little stomach pouch sticks out. Teenage girls nowadays (me being one of them) have a new fad for “box-top” shirts, or those shirts that you see that look almost like belly shirts. Nothing spoils a box-top shirt more than a little extra weight in an unwanted place. For many people it could be just a main focus for the summer to look good in a new bikini. Others may fear the health risks that come with a stomach pouch. Livestrong.com says that any stomach fat can be the worst for you. In some cases it can be dangerous putting oneself at risk for diabetes, heart disease, and even breast cancer.  

                It comes down to the overall determination on how you want your body to look. I plan to try my best to get rid of my stomach pouch not only for myself, but also to see how accurate Livestrong information is.

Word Count: 371

No comments:

Post a Comment