Friday, January 27, 2012

Unfair Treatment

                One thing I don’t like is unfair treatment in classes. Sure it’s okay for teachers to have favorites, but when it is blatantly obvious that some kids are favored more than others, it upsets me a lot. I understand that there are some kids that don’t work in class, have a bad grade, or disrespect the teacher, and this puts a bad label on the kids making the teacher dislike them. But when there are students that are nothing but nice to teachers, work hard, and continue to get an acceptable grade in each class, they should not be discriminated against for other factors that shall remain unmentioned. It seems to be, in most classes at least, that some teachers tend to favor certain kids, although some (not all) should not be.

                I have ran into multiple situations where I feel as though I have been treated unfairly with our supervisor contradicting themself because they allow certain things with some students more than others. I have never been one to disrespect a teacher, talk back, or not follow rules, and I feel somewhat insulted when some teachers don’t take the time to notice this, and go off their first impression and what they think they know about my character.

                The majority of high school students are talkative, have friends, and like to socialize. This is just a regular part of being a teenager. When you have a friend in a class, you may be tempted to get a little bit more talkative than usual, and typically not to the teachers liking. I understand a teacher’s position when they ask students to quiet down or not to talk at inappropriate times but I would appreciate if it was applied to everyone and not singling out a select few. I know it is hard for teachers to contain classes of high school students but I would like if teachers would look at students the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment